Acid base disturbances
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||64%|
|Ease of Revision||8.4 / 10|
If you are already thorough with this chapter, revise this.
Otherwise don’t waste your time before the exam.
As you know very well, there can be clinical questions from this chapter.
You have to remember the common causes, the initial abnormalities and compensatory mechanisms.
A logical exercise.
- Causes of Metabolic Acidosis
- Metabolic alkalosis – Overview
- Not done before drawing blood for ABG
- Interpret ABG
- Most effective extracellular buffer system at physiological pH
- Expected compensation in Acid-Base disorders
- Cause of Metabolic alkalosis
- Anion gap – Overview
- Causes of respiratory alkalosis
- Normal ABG
- Causes of respiratory acidosis