|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||82%|
|Ease of Revision||8.3 / 10|
This is one of the best chapters to score from, in SPM.
Its more of simple mathematics than medicine.
This is a lovely chapter to read. You don’t have to revise at all.
Jut understand the different statistical parameters, understand the formulas involved.
And remember, if you correctly identify the numerator and denominator, you can score easily.
- Cohort study – design, pros cons
- Attributable risk – calculation
- Population Attributable risk – Formula
- Case Control Study – Design, parameters measured, Pros and Cons
- Unit of observation in ecological studies
- Confounding Factor – Basics
- Relative & Absolute Risk – Risk reduction
- Relative Risk – Definition
- Types of Bias in Epidemiological Studies
- Ecological Study – Basics
- Methods to overcome Confounding
- Systematic and Random Errors – Basics
- Classification of epidemiological studies
- Attributable risk calculation
- Matching – Types, definitions
- Risk Ratio
- Hawthorne effect
- Ecological Fallacy
- Odds ratio – Basics, formula