Conduct of Labour
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||147%|
|Ease of Revision||6.5 / 10|
You may get 1 or 2 questions from this Chapter.
A chapter that focuses on basics, nothing fancy.
The questions are from absolute basics.
Standard stuff asked in final year wards.
- What causes labor?
- How do you induce labor.?
- How will you monitor labor?
- Stages of labor
- Obstructed labor
- Indications & Contraindications for
- Rx of obstructed labor
- Non-reactive NST
- Prolonged latent phase in a primigravida is defined as
- Assessment of progress of labor is best done by
- WHO Partogram
- Induction of labor – Do’s & Don’t’s
- Measures to prevention perineal laceration
- Normal partograph
- Events in first stage of labor
- Mediolateral Episiotomy – angle
- WHO guideline in labour
- Engagement of fetal head is with reference to
- Degrees of perineal laceration
- Labor pain – Nerve root
- True and false labour pains
Make sure, you read up the following common topics.
- Scar dehiscence and Ruptured uterus – Clinical features
- Oxytocin – MOA, Contraindications
- Common Presenting Parts
- Uterine tachysystole
- Forceps delivery – Prerequisites, Criteria, Advantages,Contraindications
- Signs of placental separation
- Pudendal nerve block
- Cardinal movements of labor
- CPD – Overview
- Placental separation
- Cephalopelvic disproportion
- Induction and Agumentation – Principles
- Constriction ring of the Uterus
- Normal changes in Labor
- Artificial Rupture of Membranes
- Trigger for Labor
- Partograph – Overview
- Misoprostol in induction
- Internal & External version – Indications & Contraindications
- Uterine contractions – Overview
- Abnormalities of first stage of labor
- Paracervical block
- Hypotonic uterine dysfunction
- Stages of labor
- Indications for Early cord clamping
- Vacuum delivery – Indications, Contraindications,Procedure,Complications
- Bishop’s Score