|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||131%|
Likely to get 4 marks from this.
Anyway it’s a straightforward chapter to remember.
Never mind the fact that one good method is all that is required, practically in life.
Read up the basics of each of the methods, and a little in depth about the pills.
This will have some overlap in SPM also probably.
- Emergency contraception – Drugs and Doses
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Billing’s method
- Ryhtm method
- Ullipristal dose
- Pomeroy technique
- Contraceptives and their Effectiveness
- Progestasert – Overview
- Irving’s procedure
- Uchida’s procedure
- MOA for Progesterone only pills
- Contraindications of OCP
- Advantages of Combined pills
- Kroener’s procedure
Make sure you have read the following areas:
- Contraceptives in Heart disease
- IUCD mechanism
- IUCD – Contraindication, Complication
- OCP drug interaction
- Mala-D, Mala-N
- Contraindications of diaphragm
- Spermicidal Agents
- Essure permanent device
- Failure rate of contraceptives
- Copper-carrying devices