Fatty Acid Oxidation
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||45%|
|Ease of Revision||8.2 / 10|
Another Chapter in metabolism with overlap.
This chapter expects you to be aware of the different regulatory mechanisms governing fatty acid oxidation.
Read about the effect of hormones too.
Questions on this chapter from recent NEET and AIIMS examinations have been about
- Organs using ketone bodies
- Rate-limiting enzyme in beta-oxidation of fatty acids
- Enzymes active in prolonged starvation
- Type I DM – effect on Fat metabolism
- Enzymes of Fatty acid Oxidation
- Enzyme deficient in Refsum’s disease
- Energetics of Fatty acid oxidation
- Ketone bodies – Overview
- Oxidation of Fatty acids – overview
- Defects in Fatty acid oxidation
- Fatty acid transfer across Mitochondria