Fatty Acid Synthesis
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||55%|
|Ease of Revision||8.2 / 10|
If you haven’t already read this chapter, skip and move on.
Slightly difficult chapter.
Questions focus on the steps of synthesis as well as regulatory mechanisms.
Questions on this chapter from recent NEET and AIIMS examinations have been about
- Primary prostaglandins
- Fatty acid synthase complex does not include
- What is the first step in synthesis of eicosanoids?
- Lipoxygenases is involved in the synthesis of leukotrienes
- MC end-product of fatty acid synthesis
- Reducing Equivalents and Their Uses
- Allosteric activator of acetyl CoA carboxylase
- Fatty Acid Elongation
- COX pathway
- Intermediate product of biosynthesis of fatty acid
- Location of fatty acid synthesis
- Enzymes active in phosphorylated and dephosphorylated state