Fluid & Electrolyte abnormalities
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||55%|
|Ease of Revision||9 / 10|
Predominantly clinical basics, should be easy to score from.
You have to specifically read this chapter in Pediatrics.
Read about assessment of dehydration and the different options to correct it.
Questions on this chapter from recent NEET and AIIMS examinations have been about
- Grading of dehydration
- ReSoMal – Overview (Composition)
- ORS – Overview (Composition)
- Most dangerous type of dehydration
- Initial fluid of choice for treating diarrhea in an infant
- Maximum concentration of dextrose through a peripheral vascular line
- Rx of dehydration – by grade
- Dehydration in Malnourished child