Gram Positive Bacteria
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||165%|
|Ease of Revision||7.6 / 10|
You may get upto 2 questions from this Chapter.
In spite of being listed as a single Chapter, this actually includes many different Bacteria.
Nevertheless, the questions are from predictable areas
- Bacterial Toxins
- Special culture media
- Unique appearances in culture
- Antimicrobial resistance mechanisms
- Important clinical syndromes
From the look of it, you may not need to memorize every single aspect of the Biochemical profile. Just read the marquee points there.
- Molar tooth colonies
- Albert’s stain
- Post exposure prophylaxis for tetanus
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Types of motility of bacteria
- Contact based isolation is employed for which diseases?
- Draughtsman appearance of colonies of Pneumococcus
- Lysogenic conversion
- Mechanism of action of bacterial toxins
- Name the staphylococcal infection that is not toxin mediated.
- MRSA prevention in a hospital ward
- Geobacillus stearothermophilus
- Citron bodies
- Viridans group causing dental caries
- MC causative organism for lobar pneumonia
- Bacillus anthracis.
- Selective media for Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Elek test
- Infective Endocarditis – common organisms
- Types of capsules in bacteria
- Lancefield grouping of streptococci
- Streptococcal antigens & cross-reaction with human tissues
- Clostridium perfringens
- C.difficle infection
- Organisms and selective Culture Media
- Nagler reaction
- Quellung reaction
- Food Poisoning