|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||131%|
Likely to get 4 or 8 marks from this.
Bit of eponymous stuff and lots from cataract. But interesting to read and remember.
Basically every line from the Chapter on Lens in Parson can be a source of question.
Completely read Parson – Lens, and run through Kanski, plus MCQs.
Should be a reasonable yield.
- Ligament of Weigert
- IOL – Overview
- Lenticonus – Picture and overview
- MC type of congenital cataract
- Typical appearance of diabetic cataract
- Polychromatic lustre is seen in
- Lens capsule is the thinnest at
- Treatment of choice for after cataract
- Elschnig’s pearls
- SRK formula
- Drugs causing cataract
- Rigid IOL is made up of
- Cataract – Postop Complications
- Most important factor in the prevention of postoperative endophthalmitis
- Best available procedure presently for cataract surgery
- Embryonic development of the lens occurs from
More areas of likely questions:
- Cataract – Clinical Features
- Congenital rubella syndrome
- Intracapsular cataract extraction
- Hallerman-Streiff syndrome
- ECCE techniques
- Maturation of Cortical Cataract
- Ectopia lentis
- Irrigating fluid for cataract surgery
- Pelli-Robson chart
- Lens – Anatomy
- Lens – Physiology
- Complications of cataract
- Systemic diseases and associated cataracts
- Congenital cataract
- Congenital Cataract – timing of surgery
- Fincham’s test
- Common causes of Cataract