|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||73%|
|Ease of Revision||8.2 / 10|
If you can quickly grasp the salient clinical aspects of the different conditions, this can help you secure 4 marks.
Fairly straightforward chapter.
The questions focus on Causative factors, clinical features, investigation findings and treatment methods that can affect Platelet functions.
Quite a few comparisons are part of this topic, as you can see below.
- Rx for Idiopathic thrombocytic purpura
- Most specific test for the diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
- Drugs causing thrombocytopenia
- Prasugrel Overview
- Plasmapheresis – common indications
- First line of treatment for von Willebrand disease
- Bleeding Disorders vs Coagulation disorders
- Laboratory findings in VWD
- Inherited disorders of platelet function
- Platelet aggregation disorders
- Types of VWD
- Acute vs chronic ITP
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
- TTP vs HUS