Cellular Adaptations & Injury
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||40%|
|Ease of Revision||8.15 / 10|
This is a short & sweet chapter from Robbins, that gives you very rich yield.
Just read the broad overview of Cellular adaptations – what is what.
No need to go into the finer nuances, as far as NEET questions are concerned.
Questions on this chapter from recent NEET and AIIMS examinations have been about
- Connective tissue metaplasia
- Epigenetics – definition
- micro-RNA – Overview
- Muscle hypertrophy – Mechanism
- Base pairs is the human genome
- Types of Metaplasia
- Non-coding regulatory RNAs
- Anaplasia – Definition
- Tissue stem-cell locations
- MC metaplasia
- Arterial vs Venous thrombi
- Features of reversible cell injury
- Features of Irreversible cell injury
- Types and examples of Atrophy
- Molecular pathogenesis of Cardiac Hypertrophy
- Cellular adaptations – Overview