|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||80%|
|Ease of Revision||8.65 / 10|
This chapter is interesting from the Exam perspective ðŸ‘ because, most of the questions involve awareness of the different definitions, and ability to correctly identify the numerator and denominator from a given scenario.
Once you identify the above, it’s a question of knowing the correct formula and applying simple mathematics.
Quite a few question scenarios from Receiver operator characteristic curve.
- Multiphasic Screening
- Test in series vs Test in parallel
- Definition – Diagnostic Powers
- Definition – Predictive accuracy
- Specificity – Signifies?
- Sensitivity numerator?
- What does a positive result for a sensitive test mean?
- How prevalence affects the different parameters?
- Definition – Validity
- Definition – Reliability
- Receiver operator characteristic curve
- Natural history & its definitions
- Prospective vs Prescriptive Screening
The following topics should be revised without fail
- Screening test -Ideal Characteristics
- Definition – Lead time
- Repeatability of screening test
- Formula for
- Positive predictive value
- Negative Predictive value
- False negative vs Sensitivity
- NPV vs Sensitivity
- PPV vs Specificity