|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||100%|
Big, busy chapter to read or 4 marks. If your base preparation is good, worth reading up.
A somewhat difficult chapter. Need to remember about enzyme activating and inhibiting drugs, different kinetics, and plasma protein binding.
Small snippets of unconnected data, that is not relevant anywhere else.
If you skip this, not a bad decision.
- Low apparent volume of distribution – Means.?
- First order kinetics
- pH=pKa – Means.?
- Common Prodrugs
- High Apparent volume of distribution – Means
- Phases of drug metabolism
- Zero-order kinetics
- AUC concept
- Enzyme inducers
- Food & Drug Absorption – Overview
- Common enzyme inhibitors
- Lactation & Pharmacokinetics
- P-glycoprotein Overview
- Bioavailability – concept
- Dialyzable and non-dialyzable drugs
- Time for peak plasma concentration
- Drugs which undergo acetylation
- Highly ionized drug – Kinetics
- CYP3A4 – Overview
- Protein-binding of common drugs
- First-pass metabolism – Overview