Veins & Lymphatics
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||73%|
|Ease of Revision||8.3 / 10|
A comfortable chapter to revise and score from.
Focus on the basic aspects, not on the finer nuances.
Just read the marquee points about common venous disorders.
No in-depth stuff on investigations or treatment.
Questions on this chapter from recent NEET and AIIMS examinations have been about
- CEAP classification of chronic venous disorders
- Lymphedema – Overview
- Varicose veins – Overview
- Grading of lymphedema
- DVT – Overview ( causes, features, Rx )
- Axillary vein thrombosis – Overview
- MC site for venous ulcer
- Sclerosants in varicose vein
- Virchow’s triad
- Trousseau’s syndrome
- Complications of lymphedema
- Varicose vein Surgery – Overview
- Named perforators
- Lymphangioma – Overview
- Lymphangiosarcoma – Overview
- Risk factors for venous thromboembolism
- DVT prophylaxis