CVS – Diagnostic approach
|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||100%|
You have a chance of scoring 4 marks, if you read the relevant few pages in Harrison
Questions come from standard stuff we get asked in 1st Clinical postings.
Read Harrison thoroughly about heart sounds & murmurs.
Somehow JVP remains a hot favorite topic.
- Absent y descent
- Disappearance of Loud S1 in mitral stenosis
- Austin Flint murmur
- ‘a’ wave in JVP
- Continuous murmur
- Mid-diastolic murmur
- Pulsus paradoxus
- Loud S1
- Soft S1
- Graham Steell murmur
- Dynamic auscultation of murmurs
- Signs in Aortic Regurgitation
- Types of abnormal pulse
- Ventricular & Atrial gallop
- Named murmurs (Still’s,Carey Coombs )
- Findings in Genetic syndromes (Marfan’s etc )
- JVP waveform and the abnormalities
- Wide, Narrow, reverse splitting of S2