|Probability of getting 1 Question from this chapter||109%|
|Ease of Revision||8.7 / 10|
You can score 4 marks if you are ready to read all the details about the clinical aspects of HIV. Good Luck with that.!
This is a fairly big Chapter, with lot of clinical details to be remembered.
You have to read about Clinical stages, HIV in pregnancy and newborn, all about ART ( Indications, ADRs etc ) and common Opportunistic infections. All for 1 question.
Skipping this Chapter might save you time, if you haven’t already read this.
- PCP – overview ( Investigations, Rx)
- HIV subtypes – Overview
- Time interval between HIV infection & manifestation of AIDS
- Genetic resistance to HIV infection
- Leading cause of meningitis in AIDS
- Diagnostic test of choice for HIV in a baby born to an HIV-infected mother
- Rx of Pregnant HIV woman
- PCNSL – Rx
- Anti-retroviral drug – Overview
- Acute HIV syndrome – Overview
- Nelfinavir – ADR
- Modes of HIV transmission
- Clinical stages of HIV in Pediatrics
- PEP for HIV
- Kaposi’s – overview
- ART – Overview ( Indications, ADRs, Resistance)
- Clinical stages of HIV in Adults
- Tests for HIV
- Cerebral Toxoplasmosis – Overview (clinical Features )
- Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome
- AIDS-defining opportunistic infections